Most Recent Developments
After 24 hours in the hospital, the Pitocin has been doing its job there just hasn't been too much going on downstairs. Jenn is still 0cm dialated and the doctor has decided to stop the Pitocin and let the contractions die down a bit. After the contractions have subsided, they are going to attempt to administer the same drug (cervadill) that they used lastnight to get the cervix ready and see if it can't help things along a bit. After that we should be able to bed down for the night (or at least most of it) while they start the Pitocin again and get the contractions back to where they were.
The doctors have taken Papa's advice and given Jenn a Manhattan up, well at least a cocktail. Whatever they gave her took the edge off right away and her pain went down to about a 3 from an 8. She is resting now and conserving her energy for what looks like the big push tomorrow. I know that Pam will be glad that they are here for the grand arrival and that I did such a great job distracting her.
For all of you wondering if you are the only addict to this blog, rest assured that you are not alone nor are you the biggest addict. My mother showed up to the hospital and visted for a while. We talked about this and that, but what urge plused through her veins and could only be answered by one thing. That is right, a visit to our blog. I mean, she is right here in the thick of the action and she needs to get her fix online.

8 comments:
I hope the cervidil does it's job and you are ready to go pronto. I will be checking in on you guys again later.
I left the two of you alone hoping that would speed things along. Seems as if you went backwards. I will be right over. Wes, can I pick up dinner for you? Not only am I addicted, I am obsessed with this blog ~ Wes is getting to be so much like my brother it just cracks me up! For those who want to know, Wes is very considerate of his lil' woman and eats his meal out on the balcony so she doesn't have to suffer with unpleasant food smells. What a gentleman!
Nice product placement and Vanna White wannabe; I would recommend naming the baby (if it is a girl) Apple if only G. Paltrow hadn't scooped it.
I am now lighting a candle and drinking only Manhattens until this kid shows up.
Wes you are holding up your end admirably; try to get Jenn on board will ya? Practice some tough love, you are going to need to master it pretty soon - unless it's a girl.
I know my wife and daughters are reading this; honey I'll be home as soon as the baby is born, Friday at the latest. Please send me a fresh shirt and my Captain America boxer briefs.
Love to all - Uncle.
We're all thinking of you guys and crossing our fingers that the little one decides to come out soon :)
Lenna....
I would expect no less of you!!!
:)
My co-worker Natalie says that i should be posting more and letting you know that you are doing a great job. Also, I just want to let you know that a lot of people i work with have your back and are checking up on this blog. No pressure, but please keep the updates coming. If you need anything i will be at my cube on the west coast for a little while longer. Hang in there!
And i'll be at my cube on the west coast for A LOT longer!! So please keep me entertained :).
Well sadly unlike Blake and Julie I'm off for the day and will not be around a computer for most of the evening. I will be thinking about you both and Josh and I will check up on you later. Hope all comes out well. hee hee. Love you!!!
Post a Comment