Lilypie Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, August 20, 2007

Happy Birthday!

How time flies. One month down, two hundred fifteen months to go. It seems like only yesterday that Jenn and I were in the hospital contemplating our brand spanking new child’s name. Now he has a name, a (developing) personality, and he has found his lungs.

Yesterday, I was looking after young Zackary while Jenn was doing yard work. When Jenn stepped outside, our little angel was sleeping away peaceful as can be. I was working on a surprise for all of you when I hear the little man start to stir. By the time I get to his crib, he was crying. He had just had a bath, and other than a diaper, he was naked. I picked him up and took him straight to the changing table where I was greeted by a very full diaper. Quick like lightning, I changed him and put on an outfit (I’m getting better at this whole changing thing). Zack was a little happier, but still upset. Picking him up we went down stairs and attempted some play time on the play mat. Usually this is something that he enjoys and has a good time with, but not today. So I tried this that and the other thing to get him to calm down a bit, but no luck. Soon his cries turned into screams. There was nothing I could do but laugh. Looking for a phone I wanted to call my mother and sister and see if they really wanted to come out to this, but I could not find one. Thinking of nothing else, and not having the right equipment to feed him; I picked him up and began walking in circles around our stairs. Finally, silence. Jenn came back inside shortly thereafter and told me that he was most likely hungry. I though he had just eaten about 45 minutes ago, but it was more like 2 hours and 45 minutes ago. The boob got whipped out and Zack took to it like a fish to water. He then got fat and happy.

Next Story…

Evicted!

Yep, Zackary is no longer sleeping in the same room as us. He has been evicted by his own mother to his own room. This turn of events came about a week and a half ago when I came home and Jenn was packing up all of Zack’s stuff out of our room and into his own. I went over to discuss the situation with Zack and see what his feelings were on the subject and we both felt that this would not last long at all.

Bad time came and Jenn put him down in his bed in his room and turned off the lights. Next she walked a few feet out the door and said “I don’t know if this is a good idea.” We left him there and went about our nightly business and then went to bed ourselves. Jenn was a bit nervous, but began to feel more confident as the night wore on. By morning we had both had a great night and were not woken up by Zack’s constant chatter. Yep, that’s right, Zack talks in his sleep, and every time we would hear him talking we would get up. Now we realize that he is only up when he puts some real effort into his grunting and groaning that he is really awake.

Now for a special surprise!

You should be able to right click on the link then save it to a location of your liking. If you just click on it, it will start playing in your local media player. Let me know if you have any problems.

Zack’s First Bath! (Just a bit over 3 minutes long. About 50mb)

Zack’s First Bottle (15 minutes long with commentary. About 160mb)

Zack’s First Bottle (8 minutes long with no commentary in the middle and 2x speed during the middle bit. About 30mb)

No comments: