First day back...
Today was my first day back to work and what happens? I'm late. Every morning I meet Gareth at 6:00 am to go to the gym then it is off to work. I wake up at around 6:05 and wonder what the hell is going on. Then I realize what I have done. I throw on a pair of shorts while rushing down the stairs. I fling open the front door and begin to stagger across the street towards Gareth's truck. Gareth rolls down his window and I just see him laughing at me, then I begin laughing at myself. I am never late and this just threw my entire day off, but it made for a good story when people want to know if I am getting enough sleep.
Ok, side story. As I write this, Zack is being fed and Jenn is pumping at the same time. The amount of coordination and timing that goes into this is just amazing and hilarious all at the same time. The multitasking ability of my wife is just amazing. I guess it is something that you need to see to believe.
On the bodily function front, Zack has really started to fill thoes diapers and is making us all proud. I never thought that I would be so excited to have a dirty diaper, but I guess when it means that you have a healthy baby who is growing, a loaded diaper takes on a whole new meaning. He had his second bath and he took it a little better than the first, but during this bath we had our first projectile pee. For all of you who are coming to visit us in the near future, fear not, we wiped down the entire counter and mixer that he was able to pee into from 2 feet away have been cleaned with clorox and run through the dishwasher, so Jenns baked goods are safe.
3 comments:
It sounds like you three are doing great! The first few weeks are the hardest and it sounds like you guys haven't missed a beat.
Oh yeah, be prepared for many more rocky mornings Wes ;-D
Sounds like everybody is doing well. Glad to hear it. Keep it up. Miss you both!
Zackary Stone Carroll welcome to our world! We are so excited that you finally made your appearance. Jen,we had the freighliner warmed up if you needed it! Your son is beautiful. Congrats! with love Great Auntie PJ and Randy.
Post a Comment