Lilypie Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I Have a Pet

His name is Peeve. I don’t know why, but there are certain things while at the gym that just seem to annoy me for no particular reason. I have decided to share them all with you and see how many people think I am crazy and how many people think along the same lines that I do.

  1. Trucker hats are meant for truckers. Not fashion accessories at the gym.
  2. The gym is for working out, not a fashion show to see who can look the best while working out.
  3. Drinking anything except water or some sort of sports drink (i.e. Gatorade) is just plain dumb and you should be thrown out of the gym.
  4. The weight machines are not for resting on while chatting to your friend.

There is this guy who always wears a different trucker hat to the gym every morning, and I have yet to see him in wear the same one twice. This guy loves him self and I am sure he thinks that he is the best thing since Starbucks coffee. He is constantly looking at himself in the mirrors in-between weight lifting, making sure that his hat is on just right while sipping his morning coffee. This guy covers my top three pet peeves while at the gym, and there are a multitude of people who think that just showing up to the gym and talking to your friends as they work out counts as exercise. It boggles the mind!

To the right under the fabulous picture of me and Jenn (soon to be Me, Jenn, and Zack) you will find a poll asking is Wes crazy? Please choose the answer that best fits your views on this article and in a week we will know what you all think. Also feel free to leave comments if you so choose and let us all know what irks you while at the gym! Fun times all around.

This past weekend was absolutely crazy for me and I did not get to spend a lot of time with anybody except my co-workers. I will be taking this coming Thursday and Friday off and I hope to have more Zack stories for you all, but all he really does now is eat, sleep, and poop. He is very strong and is starting to grab at things and pull them towards him. Zack is still not very coordinated but he is getting there a little bit at a time. Jenn is doing very well with being a mother and really taking everything in stride. I have always known that she would be a fantastic mother and is just proving me right every day.



**EDIT: If I could tell my left from my right, I wouldn't put my shoes on backwards all the time. The poll is on the left side of the page, not the right. Sorry for the confusion.

4 comments:

cjcrash said...

I don't see the poll? Must not have gotten it up yet. Damn tricky ass blogs. I agree with you and one of the reasons I go to the YMCA to work out instead of a fancy brand name gym is so I don't have to deal with those type of people.

cjcrash said...

oops. found the poll.

Katie said...

OK, I voted "kind of" but for reasons completely unrelated to your pet peeves at the gym. I too have many issues with gym goers and that is why when I had a gym membership I worked out at 2am.

Anonymous said...

Peeve # 1, thinking the gym is a dating space. Peeve #2 please be considerate and wear clothes that cover what you may consider "your best attributes". Other people may not think they are quite as wonderful as you do! Furniture disease is not a pretty sight. love PJ