Lilypie Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Note to myself on this rainy day...

Whose idea was it to pack up the almost 2 year old and the 3 month old to go out to breakfast by myself, aka. only mommy?

Oh yeah that was my idea, it sounded like a good idea at the time, I was actually looking forward to it on the drive to Portsmouth. My mouth was watering just thinking about the homefries and cinnamon swirl bread at the Friendly Toast. As Iparked the car and gathered all, or what I thought was ALL, of the necessities I was excited to enjoy breakfast out with my two boys.

Note to self...
...don't forget the binky in the car!
...when the child says he needs to go potty...he needs to go!!!!!
...charge the DVD player before going out so you can enjoy atleast 1/2 a cup of the coffee you just paid $2 for.
...when the crying 2 year old asks for syrup for his eggs, just give it to him!
...pick a location that is stroller friendly so you don't have to hold the 3 month old the whole time.
... bring the baby carrier, in the restaurant, so when the 2 year old needs to go potty it is possible to complete the task!

Most importantly... drive thru's were created for a reason! Use them when you are out numbered 2 to 1!!!!

2 comments:

Wes said...

I laughed, I cried and I felt sorry for you, but I mostly laughed.

Love you and miss you all!

Z + Cs Gramme said...

Oh Jenn, my heart aches for you. What a day that must have been. Those are a LOT of lessons to learn in one day. Hopefully you won't have too many more days like that. Miss you all so very much! (I have to admit, I laughed a little too because you make it sound so funny)