Lilypie Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Ready for the Hospital

I believe we are officially ready for the hospital. Jenn has packed her bag, we have plenty of snacks and lots of hard candy. It recently came to my attention that not only did Jenn need a bag, but apparently I needed one as well. So I put together my own bag consisting of the video camera, a laptop, and a regular digital camera. I'm not too sure how Jenn will take this, but I plan to post just about every hour during labor for all of you who want to be here and just about 2 hours after she has given birth and Junior has gone to sleep. I guess that I should also put in the bag our cell phone chargers to call people and make sure that the grandparents to be know exactly what is going on and when (it could be my life if I don't keep them well updated). I think that it might be a good idea to pack some deodorant, a toothbrush, and possibly a change of clothes as we could be there a while. Looks like I have some work to do.

10 comments:

Carol said...

Glad ALL your bags are packed!!! Now you're ready for the big day . . We are all looking forward to being informed every two hours - - it will make it seem like we are there!! So glad you are taking the time to do this - - and we will all be looking for the updates often during the day! You're not kidding about doing that are you???

Memere + Grampa said...

Hi Guys, I think I have finally figured out how to make this work. Wes, there is one more thing that would be helpful....Once Jennifer goes into labor, it will take us about 16 hours to get there...could you keep her distracted so that we can be there when the baby gets born????

Just kidding Jennifer!!!!!

Wes said...

Nope, no joke. I even have a way to post directly from my cell phone.

As far as the distractions go, I don't think that when the baby decides to pop out, that Hell or high water could convince Jenn to cross her legs for a few hours so I think you are out of luck.

Rebecca said...

Thanks for setting this blog page up, that way we can find out the latest news too!! Congratulations to both of you and to Baby Carroll!!

John J Carroll said...

Captpapa says, You are never completely ready for children but....Oh, are they ready for you!!!!!!!

Jenn said...

...16 hours of labor (at the very least... taking traffic into account) doesn't sound like something you would wish upon even your least favorite daughter!
Just remember I didn't even cause you any labor pains at all!

Z + Cs Gramme said...

Didn't I raise a brilliant young man? He understands the importance of the first exciting phone call and the need for updates.
I am ready too! My bag is packed, I'm ready to go, and I am waiting on pins and needles for the exciting phone call. I have joined the frequent flyer program of the only airline that will get me directly to Charlotte quickly. I have even perused the schedule of the airline so I can determine the best time for the phone call - early AM is best so even if it is the middle of the night CALL ME. Hurry, Hurry, HURRY little one, we can hardly wait to meet you. xoxo to the entire NC Carroll Crew.

Christy said...

How exciting!!! Won't be long now!

Memere + Grampa said...

Jennifer, you know that I would never really want you to go through that much labor...It is just going to kill Dad & I not to be there as soon as the baby is born...but knowing that Wes is going to be so diligent about communicating, we feel a little better. It will be hard for me not to help Dad push the petal to the metal.....Can't wait to meet the new little one....:-)

Marie said...

I'm glad the bag is finally packed! This blog is awesome, I'm so glad you guys are doing this, I almost feel like I'm there! Just to let you know I check is multiple times a day... don't leave me hanging. I need updates.