Lilypie Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Real long haul...

Well, the doctor came in and took a looksie and we are offically 0cm dialated. Yep that's right. We have been here for about 19 hours and not much to show for it. The doctor will be coming by around 5 or so again to see how things have progressed.

As "closed and long" as Jenn is, the contractions are really ramping up in intensity and length. They are also getting closer together and have reached a "i don't know, it hurts" on the pain scale.

I never knew that natures course would be the senic route. I guess you learn something new everyday.

6 comments:

Christina said...

HI HI HI..

I love love love this blog!!!
My co-workers love it too! They keep asking me how Jenn is!!!
Hang in there... I had a long haul with Sarah,too...

A word of advice to you, Wes, don't flirt with the nurses like Steve K. did. THAT REALLY PISSES A WIFE IN LABOR OFF.

XXOO, Aunt Chris

Blake Carroll said...

Come on! Can you please tell the baby to hurry up. You know I am not very patient and I dont like waiting. Bottom line, HURRY UP!

Christopher said...

Hello again. I'm back to check up on Junior. It's about 9:45 a.m. in Cali so I had a few entries to catch up on. Thanks for the pic...it was fun to see you two. Hope Jenn is doing well. Tell her I say hello. I bet your parents are super excited to be there. Well, hang in there. I'll be back to visit on my next study break.

Carol said...

Lovin' being with you both through this blog!!! What a fabulous idea and very special for those of us not there! I'm checking every hour or so to see what's going on!!! Hang in there Jennifer (and you too, Wes), because when it's over - - WOW do you ever get the big reward!!! Photo came out great! Say "Hi" to Lettice.

Christy said...

I always hear those stories about mamas who were 0 cm for what seemed like forever, and then all of a sudden, they shot to 9 or 10 cm in a matter of 45 minutes or an hour. I bet that's what you're going to do, Jenn :) Don't get discouraged.

Reb and Jen Beams said...

Hang in there guys, we know how frustrating it can be. I was so irritated when I had contractions and hadn't dialated. I remember dialating fast when the contractions really started to kick in though. Enjoy the jacuzzi tub if you get a chance! Hope Wes brought his suit!