March Madness!!!


This month started with a fabulous trip to NH, both Z and I enjoyed the record breaking snowfall, chilly temperature, and lots of quality time with our friends and family. It was by far one of the best trips I have had back to NH in a long time, thanks to all my friends and family for loving on my baby so I could have much needed alone time with some of my friends. Isn't it so true that you never get pictures of the times that mean the most to you... Jack and Marie: I had an amazing time going out to dinner with both of you, it has been years since the three of us have had time and energy to just sit down and enjoy each other!
Connor: I am so glad Zack I got to watch you go ice skating with your mom, we never get to go and do fun things together and I can't belive how fast you have grown. I am so glad you were on vacation :)
John, Jen and Reb: As always our nights out are fun and filled with excitement. I have heard so much about your championship foosball skills and I was delighted to see them in action. Jen the walk back to your home in the negative temperature will be one I won't soon forget!
Mom and Dad: As you know I am not the party animal I once was but I do want to thank you for giving me the opportunity to reconnect with old friends. I enjoy every moment sitting by the fire outside, eating dinner together, and sipping hot coffee in the morning... and a wee bit of wine in the evening :)
After we got back from NH, we were anxiously awaiting the arrival of Lettice and Jeff, aka. Gramme and Papa. What a busy week we had with them! Wes took some much needed days off and we (Jeff, Wes, and I) tackled the garage makeover while Lettice took on the challenge of Zack!
We worked very hard and the garage is amazing. We now have tons and tons of storage, a valuable work space, and organization :) Lettice and Jeff, thank you so much for your help, motivation and hard work. It was refreshing to be able to work on a project and know that Z was being loved and cared for. On Saturday, we had a fabulous Easter dinner and relaxed with the family! Sunday we awoke to find that the Easter bunny had come to our house and left an Easter Basket for little Z! Zack tore into that and then went on search for eggs filled with cheerios! Later that morning, we were sad to bring Papa to the airport and say goodbye :(
We dropped him off at the airport and took one circle around the airport and picked up Katie!! She took the red eye in from San Diego so she was tired but excited to be in Charlotte and see Zack. We took the day to get caught up and pack for our girls canoe trip on the Edisto river.
Monday morning Z waved goodbye to us (with the help of his Gramme) and we were off. Being that I have only spent one night away from Zack I was sad to go but I knew without a doubt that he was in the capable hands of "the baby whisperer" aka. Lettice. We drove the two hours to Carolina Heritage Outfitters and met with Mickey who told us all we needed to know and dropped us 36 miles upriver with a canoe and two paddles. The river was moving swifter than we thought it would be and we looked at each other with the "What have we gotten ourselves into?" look. Three days, two nights and 36 miles later we emerged back at the outpost more relaxed than we have been in months and with memories that will last a lifetime!
That is all for now... baby is crying and wants his mommy!


3 comments:
You guys are just having too much fun! And....pleanty of house guests. Remember CeCe and Papa are coming to see "Jack with a Z" on the 26th of April!. Wes, did you get my e-mail about our plan? Anyway, we are very much excited about seeing you all! Papa and CeCe
I'm all kinds of jealous. The canoe trip looked wonderful. Glad you had such a wonderful March.
Awww... bummer! We didn't know you were home :( Sorry we missed you. Let us know when you'll be back up this way.
Post a Comment